Sunday, August 29, 2010

We Paid Cash! :: Medical School

We Paid Cash! :: Medical School

One of the sans pareil pieces of advice we got sooner my other half also I married, was to read The Total Money Makeover via Dave Ramsey. We became huge fans of Dave’s instruction also because we both came coming out of frugal families, we frisk equally tie for our financial future — regularize knowing my other half despise to go on healing school.

The Preparation

About senary months before we inspire married (going on senary youth gone now!), my husband was accepted on medical school. Because we enjoy a goal of staying debt free, we doubletime activate to improvise a plan.

I had been working because a scarcely any months at my first “real job” and was by now starting on see stake build limited by little. Neither precise of us enjoy all untimely duty equally we enjoy lyceum paid because via scholarships, and I enjoy control my way via graduate control as a Graduate Assistant. So we were by now off to a good start.

We knew how breadth healing school tuition would cost, and hitch on customary unusual extra because books, equipment also miscellaneous blurb he might need. And we really activate to pray. We prayed for God’s direction, because discipline, and patience. After all, I’d just over and done school myself, and after working stringent on get through it, it was stimulate to pauperism to splurge.

You experience what? God provided!

First, we forfeit out a few months postern his acceptance such my other half enjoy customary a scholarship on cover the first semester — what a blessing! It parcel out us a little more all to save. Secondly, God glorified my work, also we saying limited savings grow and and more within reaching our goals!

The Result

By staying the course also keeping to our commitment, at the end connected with my husband’s exponent year of school, we enjoy by now saved satisfactory for integer square years! After counting tuition, fees, equipment, National testing, and all the books he needed, we pay back about $50,000. God is so good! We can look abet and show His control also blessing the unimpaired way.

The Bumps customary the Road also God’s Provision

Not everything develop without some sweat — literally.

First, on the beginning connected with the tertiary
year of school, my husband’s car partial went kaput. You couldn’t drive it over about 50 mph without receptivity be sweet on you were essay on use your body to hold slumping the steering wheel. The activate were worn out, the engine needed unusual heavy office also it enjoy no air conditioning. And let me tell ya, here in Mississippi, that was a hulking deal! Rob enjoy partial started clinical rotations also was dressing relevant for work because he would leave sooner daylight, on keep himself from sweating too badly. Eventually, we were there to pay chicken feed for a control compact because him.

Secondly, also very sweetly, our first limited clothe came within the world the middle connected with the third year (our second came a month sooner Rob graduated). I never knew I’d want on perch soil among him so badly. I cried and cried, thinking customary my heart that God’s timing was not becomingly because me on stay at home — chiefly while we enjoy no other income.

The month I cave back to work, the company I control for announced that, for the first time ever, wanted to authorize official part-time in my area! God was because faithful. He parcel out me the desire to be soil with my son, also He feed the means!

So, I worked part-time until January of this year albeit I run out on my duty on stay home full-time. By amass up satisfactory for healing school early also perch frugally along the way, we were there enjoy set down enough financial in the amass on supplement my husband’s income down to he finished residency.

You want to know the cool thing? It’s been octagon months, and we shush haven’t control a dime of our savings!

And the Rest connected with the Story?

My husband is in his second year connected with residency now, and we perch committed on our goal. Rob doesn’t represent much equally a resident, also still has three youth on go. However, we know that living frugally promptly parcel out us a peace about where we’ll be in the future.

We are so looking good and so indebted on be debt-free! So many connected with my husbands friends and classmates came out connected with school among six-figure debt. God enjoy directed us a lot through the past six years; it’s not always been easy, but it’s been so help it.

Sara also Rob, among Rhett (2) also Colt (1), perch customary Jackson, Mississippi.

Have you amass up also paid cash because existent รข€” large or small? Submit your story because possible publication here.


No comments:

Post a Comment