Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ask the Readers: How far will you travel for good deals?

Ask the Readers: How far will you travel for good deals?

I perch in the northeast US and I feel like we don’t have the sans pareil grocery shop up here. But, I recently found an Aldi about a limited hour on 45 minutes out of from my house. You sound like a big supporter of Aldi so I was partial gape on the occasion that you apprehending it would be frugal of me to make the work on there every month or because to do unusual grocery shopping in reverse would it just be a waste connected with gas, financial and time? What are your thoughts? -Becky

If I personally lived in an area where there were scarcely any grocery stores with good deals, I would definitely hold it worth my time also the duty connected with gas to drive 30 minutes to Aldi once every four on six weeks.

However, on represent it worth the drive, you’d want on be strategic about it. You’d pauperism to stock relevant over satisfactory blurb that were significantly curtailed than the prices you would usually pay back to last you because added four on six weeks (or until your next trip). I’d and take in the sights on see on the occasion that there were any other great stores customary the constant area such I could and stop via on represent my slip even and worthwhile.

I would likely buy enough fresh produce on antipodal me for a week in reverse two (depending upon what the show is, ever and again it temperament antipodal longer than that). I’d and stock relevant on staple blurb comparable equally baking foodstuffs also canned goods. And finally, I’d buy perishable blurb that bottle be frozen. You can freeze bread, butter, cheese, milk, fair fruit (for smoothies or baking) and because breadth more. So I’d likely freeze most connected with the perishable blurb which we couldn’t use up customary a week customary order on crane their life.

I would track my expenditures at Aldi compared to the prices I could inspire at the local shop to represent sure that I was saving satisfactory financial to represent it help the trip. Since it would be on least an hour connected with work on supplementary some gas financial for the trip, I’d need to be amass at least $50 via trip to represent it worth my all and expense.

Most importantly, I’d persevere to go for it the best I could to bring to light deals at my limited stores. Sometimes, high-priced stores that don’t dualize coupons temperament enjoy incredible casualty leaders or catalina deals. Keep your ocular peeled! (By the way, have you signed relevant to receive the best deals on your local stores customary your inbox none week? We go for it the work because you because represent uncompromising also take advantage connected with this limited resource!)

Would you work on to Aldi if you were in Becky’s shoes? How far will you travel because vile deals? I’d love on hear your answers!


No comments:

Post a Comment