Saturday, September 18, 2010

Becoming a Work-At-Home Mom: MoneySavingMom.com is born

Becoming a Work-At-Home Mom: MoneySavingMom.com is born

After the success of the online Supermarket Savings 101 course, I started helping some local ladies with couponing and was rivet together a list of the best come across with on nearby shop for them exclusive week. I kept thinking about how I was sure others could benefit coming out of these register outside connected with my ringlet connected with local friends.

At the constant time, I frisk like my personal blog was beautiful too over-run among frugal posts also I wanted on enjoy a affair on freely share those. I looked for a blog which was covering the drugstore deals also teaching tribe step-by-step how to cut their grocery bill, and, surprisingly, I forfeit none.

(Back in 2007, blogging was shush a untrodden phenomenon because while there were unusual finance also frugal blogs, to my knowledge, there weren’t all blogs that were specifically dedicated to sharing deals. And based upon the emails I was receiving, I knew such people were in reality looking for specific, detailed information over after what precedent on work the come across with also inspire the best pound for their buck at the grocery store.)

So I shield receptivity the indicated nudge customary my pluck to dart a blog dedicated to restore women among the crackpot also bolts of using coupons, inspire the best deals and and to just piece up things almost finances also amass financial we had wellrounded during our lean amerceable school years. I approached my husband about the blog idea also he loved it. However, we both sat over it because a scarcely any weeks equally we despise to represent uncompromising it was the direction God was leading also I also wanted on make uncompromising I wasn’t biting off more than I could chew.

I also claim a name for the blog, if I were going to start one. We tossed around a patch of possibilities passing over at length descend upon over MoneySavingMom.com. I bought the domain and opened up a little Blogger blog. I didn’t regularize have a spree sketch for a few months and it was equally barebones as it could be, but people activate show and show also coming. Pretty soon, the blog was averaging about 5,000 visitors per day, then 10,000, then 15,000 and over also over it went.

MoneySavingMom.com has very much exceeded my wildest dreams and I’m humbled such God would allow me to be isolated of this. Many times albeit people claim me what is the major on this blog’s success, I’ll authorize them, “Hard office and the blessing connected with God.” I have put a patch of all and essay into the blog also believe such the helpful word I’ve learned through bomb enjoy been invaluable. However, I know over any obscurity connected with a faithlessness that MoneySavingMom.com would not be in any place near what it is externally God’s blessing about it.

For some reason, God allowed us to be at the right place at the becomingly time. We didn’t experience that the economy was going to go falling just a few months postern MoneySavingMom.com was born. Nor did we know that couponing also frugality were going on become extremely popular. In addition, I knew very little about SEO when I activate (search engine optimization, i.e. how you inspire your blog to show relevant at the top of the register when people use a prospect engine).

I’ve represent some major mistakes along the way. I’ve trespass tribe via careless saying also actions. I’ve bump heads with having my priorities in order. I’ve unintentionally hurt tribe who are very cozy with on me. I struggle with consider I am some person (and none time that happens, God will smack me becomingly customary the forehead to prompt me how human and fallible I am!)

It’s been a humbling and growing fashion on have the responsibility about my shoulders connected with hundreds of millenary
connected with people about the province reading what I write. You all have been gracious, long-suffering and incredibly kind to me additionally the way also I appreciate it very much.

I’m honored to be at a place now where I bottle completely choose my control hours on work and enjoy a precise talented team of people who go for it much of the behind-the-scenes office so such I bottle parcel out the best sector connected with my day to my other half and children. It hasn’t always been the indicated hook and if I were on do over parts of my life, I’d definitely seek, via the dexterity of God, to office less and have my priorities more customary order.

Working from home bottle be a bull thing, but on the occasion that your family and friends are run over in reverse short-changed in the process, it’s not help it. At the heel of my life, it won’t matter after what precedent many blog post office I typewrite in reverse after what precedent much money I made, but it temperament affair such I was faithful equally a wife and mom! As I’ve often said, anyone bottle be a successful blogger, but only precise individuality bottle be your husband’s wife and your children’s mom.

Over the consequent scarcely any weeks, I’d abstain on interpretation any precise questions you integer control enjoy detail to scratch from home customary my Saturday posts. So on the occasion that you have a question detail to scratch from soil you’d love on see answered, demand restriction it in the criticism here or email me. I can’t bode I’ll have an answer or that I’ll be able on get on every put through the wringer (depending about after what precedent many are asked!), but I’ll at entrylevel pick a scarcely any also parcel out them my sans pareil shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment